The Broward County Aviation Department which operates the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport and the North Perry Airport is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Senior Planner for the Airport Development - Planning Division. Reporting to the Evaluation and Planning Administrator, the Senior Planner serves as a Project Manager and/or Lead Planner for significant planning projects.
Primary duties and responsibilities for this position include the following:
• Serves as Project Manager and/or Lead Planner for significant planning projects.
• Provides direction, input and technical oversight of airport planning studies including Master Plans, Terminal and Site Plans,
Land Use Compatibility and ALP Development.
• Reviews development on and off airport for compliance with applicable planning and FAA rules and regulations.
• Coordinates with BCAD Business, Properties, CIP, Operations, consultants, and external agencies such as FAA, FDOT and MPO.
• Analyzes short/long term airport needs and conducts studies as required. Supervises subordinate technical staff.
• Responds to requests for data and general airfield/landside information from internal staff and other agencies/organizations.
• Work experience in aviation, governmental services, consulting or similar field.
• Demonstrate knowledge of and/or experience with AutoCAD, GIS and other specialty graphical or planning design tools.
• Knowledge of the Federal Aviation Administration's Advisory Circulars in airport master planning and airport design criteria.
• Proven ability to quickly deliver planning products such as taxiway, runway project functional drawings, conceptual drawings and presentation materials within extremely tight business deadlines.
• Knowledge of aviation issues and trends as addressed in trade publications such as Florida Airports Council (FAC), Airport Cooperative Research Program (ACRP), Airport Council International (ACI), and American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE).
- Airport Planning experience
- Project Management experience including the following:
- Managing consultant contract scope, budget, schedule and deliverables
- Managing Project Schedules to track tasks and milestones dates
- Managing project cost to control the project budget
- FAA/Regulatory experience including the following:
- Coordination with local Airport District and Regional Office
- Municipal code experience
- Master’s Degree in Planning or Aviation related field
- AICP Certification/ Professional Engineer License/Licensed Professional Geologist/GIS Professional Certification/Registered Architect License or other applicable certification or license