Application Deadline: 04/28/2017
Metro-North Railroad reserves the right to remove this posting prior to the Application Deadline.
MTA Metro-North Railroad is a dynamic organization, operating out of the jewel of New York City, Grand Central Terminal. We provide service to over 82 million customers annually, traveling in and out of New York and Connecticut. A subsidiary of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority, Metro-North Railroad is the busiest commuter railroad in the nation. MTA Metro-North Railroad strives to provide a safe commute, great service to its customers and rewarding opportunities to its employees.
The purpose of this position is to assist the Assistant Director Compliance and Quality Assurance in the performance of maintenance compliance audits as established by MNR and FRA standards. Assist the Assistant Director Compliance and Quality Assurance in various Quality Assurance responsibilities. Assist in the development of Preventative Maintenance Plans to achieve T&S Department goals and Corporate objectives. This position will be responsible for working with Managers and Supervisors on incident / injury investigations and corrective actions. Assist in maintenance of Maintain safety incident databases for the T&S Department and assure T&S compliance with all safety policies and procedures
- Assist in compliance audits and reviews on MNR/FRA standards.
- Establish new databases to capture and monitor T&S processes, injuries, incidents and investigations.
- Coordinate activities involving post injury management, root cause analysis, attendance, restricted duty, and return to work programs with Assistant Director.
- Perform Quality Assurance on processes and procedures for the T&S Department with Assistant Director.
- Maintain database for all compliance audits and corrective actions.
- Ability to gain working knowledge of Metro North Railroad (MNR) and Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) inspection procedures and regulatory agency standards.
- Ability to observe operations and evaluate practices to determine safety issues, root causes and future prevention.
- Knowledge of track and structure work including repair, rehabilitation and construction of the right of way and the materials and equipment associated with the performance of work.
- Project management and coordination skills which include quality control and quality assurance measures.
- Strong ability to interact with internal departments.
- Ability to stay current on track and track structure issues as related to railroad activities and translate new information to improve Metro North Railroad (MNR) track standards, audits, and/or compliance procedures.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite and/or comparable PC applications.
- Knowledge of Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) standards and procedures.
- Ability to gain knowledge of collective bargaining agreements (CBAs).
- Available and on call 24 hours per day, 7 days per week as required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) or Bachelor of Engineering (BE) Degree in a related field to include safety, science, and/or engineering.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in Project Management or Safety functions.
- Experience in managing administrative functions with adherence to deadlines.
This is a safety sensitive position and subject to toxicological testing.
To be selected for a position, an applicant must: (1) meet the minimum requirements in the job posting, (2) pass a written examination (if applicable), (3) satisfy a background investigation (which includes credit, if applicable), and (4) pass an oral interview, during which the interviewers will further evaluate the applicant's qualifications for the position. Because the selection process is competitive, not all qualified applicants are granted an interview. Metro-North may also require the applicant to undergo a physical ability test, and, if the Company extends a conditional offer, may require him or her to undergo a medical examination, which may include toxicological testing.
For applicants who are current employees, you must be in active service and have worked in your present position for at least one (1) year to be eligible to apply for a posted position, and have completed the agreed upon formal training commitment, plus on-the-job training, if applicable (for example: Signal Trainee, Foreman-In-Training, etc.) in order to be eligible to transfer. If you are transferred, you may be required to forfeit your seniority in your present occupation. In addition, Metro-North employees are subjected to an internal investigation, which includes an evaluation of their safety and discipline records and their performance assessments.
As an employee of Metro-North Railroad you may be required to complete a New York State financial disclosure statement, if you earn more than $91,821.00 or if you hold a position designated as a policy maker.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
If interested, please visit http://web.mta.info/mta/employment/ and Search for Assistant Manager-Compliance & Quality Assurance under Metro-North Railroad.
MTA Metro-North Railroad is an Equal Opportunity Employer